Organ Transplant and its Types:
Complications after Organ Transplantation
Every surgery comes with its own sets of risks. Given are the various complications which might occur during organ transplantation
- Risks due to immunosuppressive agents
- Rejection of the organ
- Excessive bleeding during operation
- Risks of transfer of various viruses, AIDS and Hepatitis
- Side effects of the medication given
- Allergic reactions to the medicines given
- Death due to excess anesthesia, heart and lungs failure
- Infections due to assorted IV lines
Duration of the Organ Transplant Surgery
The duration of the organ transplant varies from organ to organ. However, there are many steps that are required to be taken before final transplantation could be done. These include carrying out various tests like physical examination to make sure that the person is fit or not. The most important test is the cross match done to identify the amount of antibodies in the blood. High amount of antibodies means risks of rejection of the organ.
Cost of Organ Transplantation in India
The cost of transplant varies from hospital to hospital and also depends on the organ to be replaced. With high technology the success rate of surgery has increased by many folds. Today, more and more people are opting for organ replacement without any worries. There are several high end hospitals in India which have outstanding success rates.