Causes of thyroid cancer
The cause of thyroid cancer is mutation in the cells of thyroid gland. The mutation permits the cells to multiply in abnormal manner and hence lose the ability to die as the normal cells. Hence a tumor is formed by the multiplying cells. So it is the genetic mutation that forces the normal thyroid cells to become abnormal.
Symptoms of thyroid cancer
The symptoms include hoarseness of voice, neck pain, enlarged lymph nodes, lump and swelling in the neck region, difficulty in swallowing, breathing, throat pain etc. Are the common features of thyroid cancer? This entire thing happens because of the abnormal cancerous cells in the neck area. The cancerous cells press the vocal cord, windpipe and food pipe resulting in problems in normal functioning of the body.
Types of thyroid cancer
- Papillary thyroid cancer:- it is the most common type of cancer in all the types of thyroid cancers. It can occur at any age and affect people between 30-50 years of age.
- Follicular thyroid cancer:- This is the cancer type in which the follicular cells of the thyroid glands are affected. It usually affects people above 500 years of age.
- Medullary thyroid cancer:- It starts in thyroids cells producing calcitonin. Therefore the level of calcitonin increases in medullary cancer.
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer:- It is very dangerous type of thyroid cancer and difficult to treat. It usually affects people above 60 years.
- 5Thyroid Lymphoma:- It is again the rarest thyroid cancer that affects the immune system cells in the thyroid and is has a fast growth.
The treatment of thyroid cancer depends on the type and stage of the thyroid cancer. In papillary carcinoma and its variants radioactive iodine treatment is used after thyroidectomy. Thyroidectomy is a removal of the part and whole of thyroid gland. Also external beam radiotherapy and chemotherapy is utilized for the treatment purpose. For follicular thyroid cancer patient is treated by surgical removal of the lymph nodes followed by thyroid hormone therapy. RAI and radiotherapy is also utilized. Patient is given symptomatic treatment like thyroidectomy etc.
Why India for thyroid cancer treatment?
India is rich in cancer research center and cancer hospitals. E encounter number of cases daily and hence our oncosurgeons are specialized and have expertise in this area. We at unitedmed tour help you to find out the best option for you within your budget. So if you are in need you can call us at any point of time.
Common Cancer Disorders