Symptoms of Cancer
- Formation of new lump in any part of the body
- Excessive weight loss
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- A cough for a long time
- Alteration in the bowel movements- such as frequent diarrhea and constipation
- Rectal bleeding with blood in urine
- Regular pain in back
Causes of Cancer
There are various factors which contribute to cancer:-
- Genes play an important role in the formation of cancer. There is direct link between the dreaded disease and genes
- Tobacco intake
- Low diet
- Excess weight gain
- Exposure to the sun for a long time
- There are various harmful radiations present in the environment that leads to formation of tumor
- Carcinogens are tumor causing agent
- Infectious agents and pollution
Types of Cancer
Treatment of cancer
The treatment of cancer depends on the stage of cancer, the health of the patient and side effects of the treatment.
It involves the use of highly potent drugs to kill cancer cells. There is a development of targeted drugs as well that are designed to kill tumor cells without damaging healthy cells. Therapy also includes the use of drugs and hormones that enhance the immune system to fight the disease.
It is the popular method of treating the neoplasm. In this high energy, X-rays are used to destroy cells which are abnormal in nature. Various types of radiation are used such as external beam radiation which includes intensity modulated radiation therapy, proton beam therapy. Internal beam radiation consists of putting radiation inside the cancer cell itself.
Immunotherapy and Vaccines
Immunotherapy involves boosting one's immune system to fight the disease. It works by killing cancer cells and inhibits the growth of abnormal cells. Various types of immunotherapy are monoclonal antibodies, vaccines and more. Cancer vaccines are designed to target cancer cells and kill them.
Stem Cell Transplantation
Stem cell transplantation is used to treat cancer such as leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myelomas.
Personalized Therapy and Targeted Medicines
Now treatment is done depending on the type of cancer and genetic makeup of the patients giving them personalized treatment.
Surgery is most trusted means of removing cancer cells. There are various types of surgery performed. It may be done to completely remove cancer, to stop cancer from spreading to other parts of the body, to test the stage of the tumor and in order to reduce the risk of forming the tumor.
Side Effects of Cancer Treatment
- Chemotherapy can cause damage to the nerves
- Pain after surgery
- Nausea and Vomiting are very common side effects
- Fatigue due to regular treatment
- Anemia leading to less RBC in blood cause weakness and less oxygen
- Swelling in the organs
- Formation of various infections
Cancer Treatment in India
Cancer treatment in India is best as it has top hospitals and experienced oncologists are available to treat the dreaded disease. New and modern facilities along with drugs are easily available here. More and more people from abroad are now coming to India to get the treatment. In our country, it is much more affordable in comparison to the west. It has now become first choice for the treatment.