The most common sports injuries
- Sprains and strains:- Sprain is stretched or torn ligament. Ligaments connect bones with the joint whereas strain is stretched or torned tendon. Tendons connect muscles with the bones. These can develop over a period of time due to weakening of the tendons and ligaments due to disease condition, deficiency, excessive pressure and accident.
- Knee joint injuries:- Knee joint has many small parts and it compries of bone, ligament, cartilage and fluid. Muscles and tendons are also present that holds the bone in position. His problem is quite common and can be found in all the ages. Many a time’s age related problems also leads to knee problem like osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis etc. Injuries of ligaments like ACLA tear are quite common in sportsperson.
- Rotator cuff injury:- It is also one of the common sports injuries. Rotator cuff helps in the movement of the shoulders. Inflammation of the rotator cuff can lead to tendinitis and bursitis due to it’s over use or injury.
- Fracture:- It is a break or crack in the bone due to excessive pressure. It can be fatal as well if the broken bone penetrates the skin. Fractures are more common in patients with weak bones and pathological conditions. It can be of any bone and joint.
- Dislocation:- These are joint injuries in which the bone gets displaced from the joint. The cause many a times can be a fall, blow, accident etc.
- Manipulation:- external and internal manipulations are done to locate the dislocated bone.
- Closed reduction:- This method is used when the reduction becomes difficult because of the more spastic muscles and reduction is significantly difficult. Different methods and techniques are used like Kocher method, external rotation, stimpsons technique and many more to reduce the bone into the socket.
- Open reduction and fixation:- This process is done under general anesthesia. It is done to stabilize the bone fragments so that they get time to heal. Orthopedic surgeons repair the broken or displaced bone.
- Sprain and strain treatment:- The severity of sprain and strain decide its mode of treatment. Usually grade one or mild injuries heal on its own by taking rest. Ice compression, elevation of the limb also does work in a wonderful manner. This technique is also known as RICE commonly. In grade two injuries immobilization of the injured part. In grade three strains and sprains require surgery of the affected part to restore its functions.
There are several orthopedic conditions and India has a number of highly qualified surgeons to tackle the problem at cost effective rates. Opt India for you medical treatment.
Sports Injury Treatment in India
Treatment for a sports injury depend on various factors like how severe the injury is what part of body is affected. Shoulder injuries is a common injury across a wide range of sports. United medtour provide the best sports injury treatment in india by best orthopaedician. We also offer treatment and prevention of injuries related to sprained ankles, pulled hamstrings, groin strains, dislocated shoulders, torn ligaments to shin splints. Contact us for most advanced surgeries like non-surgical and surgical of musculoskeletal injuries with in state-of-art equipment and treatment options.
We help you to maintain your fitness levels by treating a wide range of sports related injuries and shape a treatment plan that is right for you. Find the best doctors for for sports related problem in delhi, India. There are various sports injury clinics based in india that diagnose and treat all injuries relating to sports or alike activities.
Common Orthopedic Disorders