Types of cephalic disorders
- Acephaly:- It is associated with the development of a parasitic twin on a normal foetus a neck area. The acephalic twin is not able to survive independently rather the circulation comes from the heart of normal fetus.
- Exencephaly:- It is an early stage of exencephaly and is found in embryos. In this the brain develops outside the skull. It happens due to any genetic abnormality during the pregnancy process.
- Macrocephaly:- In this condition the head becomes abnormally large. It is a hereditary and may not be related to other disorders, mental problems, dwarfism etc.
- Micrencephaly:- Micrencephaly is characterized by very small brain and is a genetic factor.
- Octocephaly:- It is characterized by agnathia means a total loss of the lower jaw and poorly functioning airway.
- Proencephaly: It is a condition in which a cyst or cavity develops in the cerebral hemisphere. It is not a congenital disorder and can occur after birth.
- Drugs:- Most of the cephalic problems are initially treated with the help of anticonvalascent medications to prevent seizures and prevention of abnormal brain development.
- Surgical treatment: Surgical treatment is done as per the requirement of the case like deep brain stimulation, laminectomy, radiosurgery, microsurgery, cordotomy, transphenoidal surgery and radiation implants etc. The conservative treatment is also being carried out to prevent further complication and damage to the already damaged part.
India has no dearth of Neuro physicians and neuro surgeons. We have a number of qualified specialists who has specialized in one or the other neurological conditions. The pediatric neuro physician are highly specialized and equipped to tackle the situation. Even the hospitals have qualified staff to take care of the patient pre and post operatively. This is the only reason we are standing with deep roots in the global medical industry. If you are looking for a specialist then just email the requirement and your query will be solved.