Factors triggering cardiac arrest
Cardiac arrest can be because of a number of factors responsible for the irregular functioning of the heart. It can be other heart ailment like angina, ischemia, arrhythmias, ventricular fibrillations congenital heart problems or recreational drugs. So one should be quite cautious when it comes to heart. The person should immediately rush to the hospital when he feels any kind of discomfort in the chest.
Types of heart attacks
- STEMI heart attack:- This type of heart attack needs immediate emergency treatment. The treatment involves immediate restoration of blood from the artery. Revascularization is achieved by drugs i.e. thrombolytic or immediate surgery like angioplasty.
- NSTEMI heart attacks:- Non STEMI is caused by the partial and temporary blockage of the coronary artery.
- Coronary artery spasm:- It is the condition when the arterial wall tightens sand the blood flow to the heart muscles is hampered causing a heart attack. It is not permanent and can come and goes.
- Demand ischemia:- It is another type of heart attack caused more demand of oxygen by the heart muscles. In this case presence of block in the arteries is not mandatory.
- Cardiac arrest: It is the condition when the heart of the individual stops beating. It is not same as heart attack rather away ahead of the heart attack. The reason for cardiac arrest can be any mentioned above.
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator:- After stabilizing the condition with the drugs specialist implant battery powered ICD near the left collar bone. The ICD is known to constantly monitor the heart beat and defibrillate as and when required.
- Coronary angioplasty:- When the artery is blocked b the formation of plaques and there is no way left for the blood flow angioplasty is advised to maintain the proper blood flow to the heart muscles.
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation: IT is a new procedure in which one or more catheter is threaded along with the arteries to your heart so that the portion causing arrhythmias can be identified.
- Corrective heart surgery:- it is done in case of congenital heart problems where there is valve deformity, faulty heart muscle tissue or cardiomyopathy.
There are a number of treatments for heart attack and cardiac arrest. The initial step is medication that includes treatment for arrhythmias, beta blockers, ACE inhibitors etc. But at the later stage surgical treatment is required.
There are a number of cardiac surgeons available in big chains of hospitals in pan India. One can approach them anywhere in the world. Cheapest and best treatment is the specialty of the Indian medical services. If you are also with a compromised heart, do not try just approach us.
Common Cardiac Disorders