Types of Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Carotid artery stenosis:- It is narrowing of the carotid artery that is present in the neck area and supply blood to the brain cells. The bore of the blood vessels is narrowed by the formation of plaque called atherosclerosis.
- Arteriovenous malformation:- Commonly known as AVM is the entanglement of the blood vessels in the brain and spine area. In AVM condition the blood is transported from arteries to the veins directly without any capillary bed and hence the veins that are not able to handle the blood pressure bleed.
- Hemorrhagic stroke:- It I caused by the blowout of the blood vessel in the brain region. The reason for hemorrhage can be many like high blood pressure, blood vessels rupture, AVS and aneurysm. It can be intracerebral hemorrhage or subarachnoid.
- Intracranial aneurysm:- Aneurysm is the ballooning of the artery. Intracranial aneurysm is the ballooning of the arteries in brain. The ballooning can burst anytime and can lead to death.
- Ischemic stroke:- It is the blockage in the blood vessel leading to deprivation of oxygen to the brain cells leading to cell death.
- Pediatric stoke: Stroke generally occurs in old age but it can occur in pediatric age group due to ischemic blockage of the arteries.
- Carotid artery bypass:- It is the rerouting of the blood flow in the plaque area f the carotid area, the rerouting is done from a different part generally vein in leg or radial/ulnar artery.
- Carotid endarterectomy:- It is the removal of the plaque area from the carotid artery. It increases the oxygenated blood flow in the brain.
- Radiosurgery:- It is focusing the beam radiation at the abnormal vessels. It is used for AVMs.
- Craniotomy:- It is cut open a hole in the skull to remove the blood clot or the hemorrhage. It is done for intra cranial and subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Surgical clipping:- It is one of the options for aneurysm which is followed after craniotomy.
- Artery occlusion bypass:- when the artery is absolutely damaged then the blood flow is stopped from that artery and the blood is bypassed from other small artery.
These are highly advanced procedures for cerbrovascular disease, but these are available in India. Hence we are not lagging behind rather ahead from many other nations in the field of medical industry. If you are looking for some treatment for cerebrovacular heart disease India is the best place as we have a number of good super specialist to cater your needs.
Common Cardiac Disorders